Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus of IIC
To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem. Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework. Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Member Type(Teaching/ Nonteaching / External Expert)||Key Role/ Position assigned in IIC|
|1||Dr. V. V. Mane||Teaching||President|
|2||Dr. S. N. Holambe||Teaching||Convener & IPR Activity Coordinator|
|3||Dr. N. S. Tour||Teaching||Innovation Activity Coordinator|
|4||Prof. N. R. Kodle||Teaching||Stat up Activity Coordinator|
|5||Prof. D. H. Nimbalkar||Teaching||ARIIA Coordinator|
|6||Prof. Anirudha R. Deshpande||Teaching||NIRF Coordinator|
|7||Prof. MAJ Shaikh||Teaching||Internship Activity Coordinator|
|8||Prof. K. C. Mule||Teaching||Social Media Coordinator|
|9||Mr. M. D. Patil||Bank/Investor||Member|
|10||Dr. Shailaja Patil||External Expert||Member – Expert from IPR,|
|11||Mr. Ashish Modani||External Expert||Member – start up/ Alumni Entrp|
|12||Mr. Ajinkya Pravin kale||External Expert||Member – start up/ Alumni Entrp|
|13||Mr. V. D. Pawar||Nonteaching||Member|
Events Under IIC:
- One Day Webinar on IPR at COE Osmanabad on 16-06-2022
MIC Driven activities for Quarter 2 under the aegis of Institution Innovation Council (IIC) one day workshop on “Celebration of National Science Day” 28th February 2022 at 2.00 PM.
Institution’s Innovation Cell of TPCT’s, College of Engineering, Osmanabad has organised one day online workshop on “Design Thinking, Critical thinking and Innovation Design” by Dr. Jayesh Ruikar (PhD NIT Silchar) on date 9th February 2022 at 1.00 PM
Institution innovation cell orientation session dated 24/01/2022 at 2.30pm