- M1:To provide a high quality education to the students and enhancing their skills that enables them to become leaders in their chosen professions.
- M2:To establish and maintain state of the art research facilities to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge in engineering and science through undergraduate and postgraduate research.
- M3:To provide beneficial service to the local, state, national industries, and communities via educational, technical, entrepreneurial, and professional activities.
- M4:To develop linkages with world class R&D organizations and educational institutions for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
The vision of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the TPCT’s College of Engineering, Osmanabad is to be recognized as one of the top tier department for its outstanding education, research, and outreach programmes, and is renowned for the high quality of its graduates.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of UG Course (B.E.)
- To prepare students for developing excellence in Professional Career, Research & Development and in Higher Education by having deep understanding of Mathematics, Computing and Engineering principles.
- To enable students to meet real life challenges, designing appropriate computing systems that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable in current time changing environment by using modern tools.
- To encourage, motivate and prepare Learner’s for Lifelong-learning.
- To develop the ability among students to scrutinize the social and human context of computing as it impacts individuals, team work, organizations and society including ethical, legal, security and global policy issues.
- To train students with innovative ideas, entrepreneurship skills with best learning, teaching and leadership.
Program Outcomes (POs) of UG Course (B.E.)
Students of Mechanical Engineering at COE, Osmanabad by the time of graduation will demonstrate:
PO 1– An ability to apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering related to mechanical engineering and allied fields.
PO 2– An ability to Identify, formulate, analyze and provide solutions to the real life mechanical engineering problems.
PO 3– An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs include costing, manufacturability, environmental, societal, ethical, sustainability and other constraints.
PO 4– An ability to design and conduct experiments for thermal, fluid and mechanical systems, as well as to analyze and interpret results.
PO 5– An ability to identify, formulate, and solve well-defined and open-ended mechanical engineering problems and address the day-to-day technological challenges in the industry.
PO 6– An ability to functions as a successful team member on multi-tasking and multi-disciplinary issues.
PO 7– An ability to understand and practice professional and ethical responsibilities.
PO 8 – An ability to communicate, document and present effectively at all stages of product / system design and development with the engineering community and society at large.
PO 9– An ability to recognize and apply knowledge to solve mechanical engineering issues in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
PO 10– An ability to recognize the needs and motivation to engage in life-long learning.
PO 11– An ability to apply knowledge of current and contemporary issues.
PO 12–An ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools and information technology necessary for mechanical engineering practice.