Top Reasons to Pursue M.Tech after B.Tech
A Masters of Technology or an M.Tech deals with specialization in a specific branch of technology, which makes it one of the reasons for students to pursue it further. M.Tech guarantees to provide a comprehensive understanding and detailed information related to this field. M.Tech graduates are highly demanded and much respected in every industry. This degree indeed improves an individual’s potential to succeed and hence boosts their employment eligibility.
There exists several career options after B.Tech. Many students opt for entering the job market immediately, starting their own business, or even pursuing higher studies. Even though there are a variety of opportunities, students still remain confused. Hence, pursuing M.Tech after B.Tech is a good and the safest option for students.
Terna Public Charitable Trust’s College of Engineering, Osmanabad offers a full-time 2 years M.Tech program in a variety of specializations for candidates considering to pursue M.Tech after B.Tech can apply for the same.
A question that comes into the mind of a B Tech graduate is, should I do M.Tech after B.Tech?
- One of the major factors that play a noteworthy role in achieving success is the educational qualifications of an individual. Basic knowledge in the field in the form of a B. Tech degree cannot be ignored but undoubtedly more emphasis is placed on having a higher level of academic training. Developing advanced abilities in students is a top priority for private engineering institutions. This is so because the same permits such candidates to work as experts in their area of specialization post-graduation. The scope of M.Tech is so wide that candidates with this degree are more likely to find well-paying jobs than those possessing only a B.Tech degree. Engineers with advanced education or specialization degrees are likely to land a position with private businesses or government organizations.
- M. Tech is considered to be one of the most popular and best courses after B.Tech which students worldwide choose without any hesitation. The career scope is extensive and comes with an abundance of job opportunities. A few of the well-paying career paths for M.Tech graduates after B.Tech are the following: Senior Engineer, Research Associate, Machinery Engineer, Development Engineer, etc. all of these job profiles provide competitive salaries. In addition to this, students possessing an M.Tech after B.Tech have the option of pursuing a career in teaching. Post a Master’s in any branch of technology, candidates have the option of pursuing a doctorate in a field of their preference. M.Tech followed by a Ph.D. can assist job seekers land positions at best engineering schools such as NITs, IITs, etc. After earning a Master’s in technology, candidates can also start their own business.
- The average pay of an M.Tech graduate varies depending on the type of company or organization the candidate chooses to associate himself with. However, the candidate’s skills and knowledge along with experience are equally important. Those holding a Master’s degree in technology may expect to start their careers earning between INR 40-50K per month as an entry-level income which is much more when compared to B.Tech graduates.
- The benefits of an M.Tech after B.Tech are quite noticeable. An M. Tech degree offers the added benefit of opening the door to dual employment as an engineer and a manager. The advantages include the following-
- With an M.Tech degree, candidates will be able to perform their professional duties along with creating a strong social and industry network that shall assist them in landing high-payment employment in the future;
- It is possible to opt for managerial positions also after gaining sufficient technical knowledge;
- After completing B.Tech pursuing an M.Tech will provide students extra time to gain in-depth technical understanding and mastery of the specialization.
- M.Tech also enables students to gain an adequate amount of improved knowledge that particularly focuses on their specialization. Students who wish to opt for specialization will get detailed instruction in that field. This not only contributes to helping students to learn everything there is to know about a certain field of engineering but also helps them to become experts in the said field. This grants the M.Tech aspirants an advantage as they advance further in their careers since it sets them apart from entrants in the market who just possess a rudimentary understanding of the topic.
Taking this into account, students’ professional aspirations determine whether or not they pursue an M.Tech degree after completing their B.Tech degree. A Master’s degree following B.Tech can help students become more career-oriented, structured, and disciplined in their particular branch of specialization. Additionally, they have the option of applying for well-paying positions in recognized IT companies. Thus, individuals who pursue M.Tech after B.Tech have many more options for employment following graduation.